Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Making Mistakes

The first thing I have learned as a father is that we will make mistakes. As we all have been told millions of times, we have to learn from our mistakes. Most of the time we learn not to repeat these mistakes. If you are a male then you are likely to think as I do and work to not repeat the same error. However, as I have learned from my sensitive and intelligent wife... it is being able to apply the mistake to more than just the specific incident that provides real learning. I am not always the best at applying things to the so-called "big picture", but when I do it adds a real boost to the learning process.  I encourage all that read this to not be discouraged by your mistakes and to try to apply what you learn to all aspects of your life, not just parenting or whatever setting the mistake took place.

No comments:

Post a Comment